Sunday, October 3, 2010

Friday Five- albeit SUNday!

Thanks Ms. G over at Derfwad Manor for Friday Five!!

1) How did you meet your partner?
Met him in the 6th grade, I was the new kid. He had a friend tell me he loved me, and I called him an idiot. Hmmm...

2) What did you think you were going to be when you were a kid?
A nurse or a teacher. 

3) Which would you least like to encounter on your front porch--possum or raccoon?
Raccoon. 

4) Who taught you how to drive? What kind of car?
Oh, Lord.  I have blocked most learning-to-drive excursions from memory as Dad was too short-tempered and had ZERO patience; Mom was paranoid, always freaking out.  I learned on a '76 ?? red Ford Granada with dual pipes. Dad pulled a couple wires on it one time and made me figure out why it wouldn't run. Oh the joy.  He did let me drive in his scary, old work pick-up a few times. (I taught my youngest sister to drive in that two years later.)  
In desperation to learn to drive a stick, my boyfriend let me use his Cavalier hatchback...which I totally killed repeatedly at the entrance of town park one summer afternoon. I was beyond flustered and so upset I couldn't think. He had to come rescue me from work, across the park on foot.  I was mortified.   I finally learned to drive it - sadly the throwout bearing was a casualty.

5) Who is the funniest person you know?
Monique- I can thank her for 20 years of spewing food and drink out of my nose!  
In the bloggy world- tie between Danny at Dad Gone Mad and VodkaMom. They both have me in tears of laughter regularly.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there! Thanks for dropping in!
Go ahead, leave a comment!
Thanks! :-D