Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Ah, it has begun.

Time sure flies by!  Holidays are gone, we're in 2010, and the first semester of school will finish up this week.  Wasn't it just sunny afternoons on the swing and kids barefoot playing in the sprinkler...yesterday??  Blink and BOOM- six inches of snow and still piling up.  Aaacck. Great for the kids; they've had a blast sledding and playing in the snow most every day. Sucks for me- freezing temps and gloves, hats, snow boots...bah humbug.

With the new year underway, I have to get off my arse!! Literally and figuratively!! Many things around this house need to be dealt with and apparently they don't work on themselves. Darn. School materials are pretty much under control, but home papers, bills, etc, need a revamp. All that was formerly contained and under control at my desk when I was transcribing 10-12 hours a day. Since then, it's migrated into several hot spots around the house. It's NOT efficient. The piles of STUFF drives me insane. I have to get that taken care of. First project of the year. I have fluttered behind FlyLady for several years and one thing I didn't do was the Control Journal, as I was at my desk through the day, every day. Now, with homeschooling, dance most every night, and more visiting family...Flylady wins. I need to make my Control Journal and USE it. 

I also need to get back on track with de-cluttering this house. If you follow FlyLady, you know what a super fling boogie is. I did one today and WOW!! Why did I stop doing those??  What a difference and makes you feel GREAT to have a room more clean by tossing that junk!  I think I need to do that every day for a month!  I also did get several things listed on eBay.  Jewelry business has been a bit slow lately.  I need the income and I love to eBay! Woohoo!  Hopefully I can make a few bucks until I can get some more jewelry shows on the books.

With that, I'm calling it a night.  Mr. FixIt is snoring in the COD beside me...he's been there since he got home from work. Literally crashed. He didn't even eat dinner.  He can stay in the chair because I'm not waking him up! I already have the mattress pad warming up the bed- hehe. Mine! All MINE!! 

1 comment:

  1. Feels good to know I'm not the only one feeling drowned in post-holiday clutter! I'm inspired, maybe I'll post my old textbook on Craigslist today finally. I'm heading over to Flylady to check out the Control Journal. That's new to me but Flylady I am a little familiar with, a very little, judging by my cluttered house! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for dropping in!
Go ahead, leave a comment!
Thanks! :-D